At Alpha Gam, we pride ourselves on having a very strong sisterhood. Alpha Gam is home to a phenomenal group of women from all over the world who have diverse interests and experiences. Our friendships grow stronger every semester and we Sisterhood Coordinator works very hard to celebrate and strengthen our friendships by planning fun activities for us. Some of our past sisterhood events included:
- Private shopping night at Brandy Melville
- Trunk shows at the house with companies like The Strong Movement and Cabana Anna Swimwear
- Private workout classes at the house with personal trainers and at SoulCycle
- Hikes to the Hollywood Sign and Runyon Canyon
- Bowling and karaoke nights
- Beach days
- Pumpkin patch and corn maze
- Weekly movie nights and viewings of “The Bachelor”
- The Ellen DeGeneres Show tapings
- Spa days at the house with professional manicurists and eye brow waxing
- Dinners at Bacaro and El Cholo
- Themed dinners at the house like “Just Pho You” and “Caribbean Night”
- Christmas Party
Aside from formally planned events, Alpha Gams are always spotted together on campus, at the house, and around LA. Every weekend you’re likely to see a huge group of Alpha Gams laughing in the lounge room watching their favorite TV shows or brunching together in LA.
A new member is paired with an active sister who helps guide her through her new member period, introduce her to people, be a supportive friend and role model, and show her what life as an Alpha Gam is all about. Littles are showered with gifts from their Bigs everyday during Clue Week, which culminates in Big/Little Reveal! Before Reveal, the Bigs hide around our house dressed in silly costumes and it is up to the Littles to find them before we head out for an evening of fun and bonding. This year, we had Big/Little Reveal at Pump It Up, a jungle gym, laser tag, and bounce house complex before feasting at In N’ Out!
Held during Trojan Family Weekend, Presents is our official welcome to our new members show their families what Alpha Gamma Delta is all about and what they’ve been doing at the house since arriving at USC. During our touching ceremony, our Alpha Experience Coordinator and Vice President of Member Development introduce and present each new member to their families as an Alpha Gam. Each new member wears a long white gown and carries a red rose, our chapter flower. A beautiful luncheon reception follows this special way of welcoming new members into our chapter.